Enjoying the simplicity and beauty of Life all around us

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

shores of loneliness



that girl is me. i have always loved this picture. it shows my thirst for something more. dreams always pulsing on the horizon. new life ready to be discovered. adventure lives inside of me. there are pros and cons to this personality. in all honesty, i get restless real quick. and when i don't see any of my dreams for a long, long time, i get disappointed. i grow weary and tired of waiting. i desire to know the meaning of the word Faith. hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." isn't that thing about dreams? we can't always see evidence of them but we know they are going to happen one day in our lives. we must hold onto the promises of God for He is the only thing sure and true. i never want to think it is a waste to dream or to look at the horizon. God made me to be a dreamer, an adventurer, and that's just it. i must trust and hold onto His hand and He will walk with me step by step along the shore. today it feels like the shores of loneliness. but i know i'm not alone. He has my hand held and He is walking next to me, talking with me and saying, "you are not alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment